*~Monday to Friday mine operation*~Well Established, 25 year old Family-Owned Company*~Coastal Location, No More inland Remote Sites*~
Mine Manager (SSE) | Permanent Role | Brisbane North
Situated on the doorstep to Bribie Island, Southern Pacific Sands is located on a high quality silica sands deposit. They have over the last 25 years established themselves as a reputable and successful wholesaler of high quality silica sand & other soil products to relevant industry customers.
As the new Mine Manager, you will play a crucial role leading and influencing the team to develop innovative solutions and continuous improvement to increase operational efficiency and minimise costs.
Your Key Responsibilities:
- Lead 4 Direct Reports (HSE & HR, Maintenance, Mining Supervisor, QA & Environmental)
- You will be accountable for the achievement of budget costs and production targets by maximising the productivity and performance efficiency of the mining operation.
- You will influence the development of innovative solutions and continuous improvement to increase operational efficiency and minimise costs, in addition to ensuring that all mine plans are practical and deliver the desired outcomes.
- Direction of mining personnel in the day to day activities
- Ensure that regular reporting is made to key stakeholders in a timely manner
- Proven experience in a Mining management/supervisory role
- Prior Management experience of a Mine or Quarry is essential
- A Quarry Managers Cert or QLD Mine Managers ticket is highly desirable
- Expansive knowledge of QLD mining and safety regulations
- Experience executing projects such as refurbishing existing equipment or the installation of new equipment & projects
- Dredge and/or Process Plant experience essential
What’s In It For You:
- Strong Leadership and Staff Management Skills
- A "Hands on" approach to mine management
- Ability to coach and influence others
- Ability to develop constructive relationships with all stakeholders
- Ability to drive continuous improvement programs high level commercial and contractual knowledge and skills
- Ability to manage project schedules, plans, budgets and operational timelines
- Rare opportunity to work and live by the coast on a mining operation that operates Monday to Friday.
- Unique opportunity to be involved from the very start in an exciting new phase of this developing business
- Full time role, permanent salary with growth opportunities.
This opportunity will reward people for effort, results and delivering exceptional outcomes. All applications will be treated in the strictest confidence.
Please do not hesitate to contact Michael Berger on
+61 7 3172 7726
for further information or a confidential discussion.
Look forward to speaking with you.
Mining, Oil & Gas
Blue Tech Recruitment